Members of music ministry provide leadership to support the singing of the congregation, as well as to enhance liturgical celebrations with harmonies, instrumental pieces and choral singing. There are opportunities for cantors, singers and instrumentalists of all ages at our Sunday Masses, funerals, and Holy Day liturgies. Contact the Director of Music at 541-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the music area after Sunday Mass.
Little Flower Choir
– Sings weekly at a Sunday Mass from September through Pentecost. The choir also sings for Christmas and Holy Week liturgies, and other special occasions throughout the year. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings.
Little Flower Ensemble
– Made up of a keyboardist, guitarists, instrumentalists and singers, this group sings weekly, usually at the 11:00 Mass, and generally rehearses on Thursday evenings. These musicians also participate in the Christmas and Holy Week liturgies, and as needed for other celebrations.
- The psalmist leads the assembly in the singing of the Psalm after the First Reading during the Liturgy of the Word. The congregation sings the refrain, and the psalmist sings the verses. The ministry of the psalmist is identical to the ministry of lector except that the Scripture is proclaimed in song. Each psalmist is scheduled one or two times per month as he/she is available.
- The cantor sings intonations and verses that the assembly does not sing. For example, the cantor intones the Gospel Acclamation and sings the verse.
- Brass, String and C-Instrument players, pianists, percussionists, and guitarists are always welcome. Please talk with the Director of Music about coordination and scheduling.